NAACP Camden is passionate about building a safe, just community where Black people and all people of color can thrive.
We are one of more than 2,200 NAACP units across the nation, powered by well over 2 million activists. Each and every NAACP member makes a difference to the complex, ongoing work of advancing racial equity.
We fight for the people of Camden County because we love the people of Camden County!
Here are just a few of the ways the NAACP Camden County Branch is making a difference:
- Protecting Voting Rights - Last election cycle, we knocked on 800 doors to educate and encourage voters. This year, we’ve already exhibited at 5 public events to register voters and disseminate information about voting in 2024.
- Police Accountability - Violent law enforcement officers have been arrested, fired, and indicted under our watch. We maintain ongoing dialogue with the District Attorney’s office and disseminate information about voting in 2024.
- Government Accountability - We pushed the County Commissioners to livestream their meetings for transparency. We frequently comment at County and City meetings to advocate for funding and resources to better serve people of color and low-income people in our community.
- Building Community - We bring the community together to honor Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, commemorate Juneteenth, and highlight local resources. This year, we gave away 280 free books about Black history and culture.
- Giving the People a Voice - We are passionate about building a safe, just community where Black people and all people of color can thrive.
NAACP Camden has been recognized for excellence by NAACP national leadership and the Georgia State Conference. You can show your support by making a donation for Giving Tuesday, November 28th. Every dollar makes a difference! Or consider becoming an NAACP Camden County Branch member.
Contributions or gifts to the NAACP Camden County Branch are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.